Friday, July 13, 2007

The tears cometh

Ah, yes. Right about now, everyone starts to cry. Usually for no apparent reason (well, aside from the obvious fact that we're taking a 3-day bitch of an exam upon which our entire careers hinge). Up until now, I hadn't cried, which is not to say I didn't want to, but just that it was always GO GO GO and I just sort of shoved it aside.

This morning, I woke up, and in my sleep induced fuzzy stage, recalled all kinds of OTHER things, things unrelated to the bar, things I've ALREADY DEALT WITH, and the tears began to roll. Had myself a quick pity session which inevitably included the bar. I picked up my Barbri essay book (located conveniently next to my bed) and read through a Contracts essay through my tears.

What a way to start the day off right.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow I'm glad to hear I wasn't the only one who had a sobfest. I cried again today too. The same thing happened to me last time, and I felt so alone. I'm so glad I have the support of yourself and other bloggers this time around, it has helped SO much, or at the very least, kept me from killing someone. :)

The Grand Poobah said...

I imagine shedding a tear when I find out that I passed.

You want to talk about stress.... I got up this morning and called my credit union to see if they could bump my home equity credit line a bit. As it is, I'll be out of resources in August. They're going to get back to me. That makes me want to cry.

GC said...

I will definitely be crying my eyes out when I pass.

DroitFemme said...

Awww, I'm right there with you (but you know that). There is just SO MUCH FREAKING material to tackle, in such a short amount of time. We'll be okay, I promise -- one way or the other, we'll be okay....

Anonymous said...

Has anyone reached the vomit stage, as in every time you even see the outside of a bar book in the morning, you want to vomit and the feeling remains all day? Is this the pre-cry stage or post-cry? I've done both.

I think I've reached apathy. Maybe there should be a scale, like grief - anger, fear, sorrow, acceptance - for taking the bar exam.

Anonymous said...

Apathy! That's what I felt the last couple of days. I thought it was just lack of motivation. I felt nauseous yesterday but I figured I'd eaten something bad.