Sunday, July 15, 2007

Bling H2O!


How freakin' insane is this? It's $35 a bottle and all the crazies are flocking to upscale bars and stores in LA and NYC to buy it. You can, of course, purchase it online at www.blingh2o.com. I'm all for high quality water and pretty packaging (I'm partial to Voss myself), but this is kinda the ghetto fab of all water. It's decked out in Swarovski crystals, which I suppose is to meant to justify the ridiculous price. And honestly? It doesn't even look that good.
Which is not to say that I wouldn't take it if someone offered it to me. And yes, I'm a tad curious about how $35 bottles of water would taste. But I have not reached such levels of high maintenance that I think this is reasonable (by an objective standard...haha...law...). What's next? Charging for air? Oh yeah, we already do that...flavored O2 (aka AIR!) at oxygen bars.
I showed this picture to hubby, opened my mouth to make some scathing remark on the utter craziness of it, and was immediately cut off with, "Are you serious? You want to buy a $35 BOTTLE OF WATER?!"
Um, no.
I merely wanted to point out that it was funny, that it was another example of our indulgent and decadent society, and have a giggle about it. Geez. When I get offended and loftily remind him that no, I was just sharing a bit of news with him and EXCUSE ME FOR BREATHING, he snorts and reminds me that I like Voss and Fiji for their packaging.
I do not.
It actually tastes better than other water! And even so, I don't buy it often, because I have priorities and water, as long as it's clean, is water. My money is better spent on shoes.
But hey, this Bling H2o? Pretty funny. It's good to know that as we slowly lose our minds over this exam, we're not missing out on anything important.

6 comments:

Richard said...

Bling H20??! lol - that'd be cool just to have in the exam to try and put other people off - mawhahahaha!

DroitFemme said...

Voss is the BEST water ever! You have FABULOUS taste!

DroitFemme said...

Fiji rocks too!

Blonde Blogger said...

OMG!! I have to go get some! I love it, how funny!!!

I love your take on things....I guarantee you that the brainwave behind Bling H20 is some ex-lawyer that decided not to practice!!

calbar blondie said...

Richard..no water in the exam. They were spoiling us today at PMBR with the nice jugs of water and hard candies. Nothing nada on the exam table except your laptop and id card, the pencils and pens!

Blawgin' said...

BB,
I think we have a similar perspective on these things! That's why I'm loving this water, we all kinda want it... ;)