Wednesday, July 04, 2007

Happy 4th of July!


There's a nice feeling about everyone emerging from their respective bar exam misery and taking a moment to honor this most American of holidays. Even though my little cousin asked me who America was freed from oh so long ago and I had to think past BBQs and fireworks to recall exactly what this holiday was all about, all I know is that for me, the 4th of July is a time when friends and family get together in a show of unity and camaderie and enjoy the day. That, after all, is what America fought for -- the simple pleasure of enjoying life with those you love! To that end, we will overindulge in alcohol, food, and fireworks. How very American.
I love the summer in CA -- hot days followed by balmy nights, ice cream trucks, kids out on vacation, flip flops and light dresses...just the whole leisurely, idyllic pace of it all. I will try and do as many MBEs as possible, then head over to my uncle's for a sushi feast (odd, but yummy). Followed by a BBQ. I can't resist! I mean, this is what we're studying for, right? The most sacred of all documents? The Constitution of the United States of America? To celebrate the freedom of being an American? Freedom is not studying for the bar! The justifications will just keep on coming... =)
Take a moment...enjoy the day.

3 comments:

Richard said...

hehe - in celebration of you guys' independence I went to see Die Hard 4 (just came out today). Good fun! Nice escapism! lol - have good day!

calbar blondie said...

Have fun at your bbq, Blawgin'! Sushi sounds like a wonderful way to celebrate. Your relatives know how to do it right!

Blonde Blogger said...

Hope you are having a good 4th!!