Monday, July 02, 2007

Hmm...

Do you find yourself thinking about absolutely everything else you need to do OTHER than study for the bar? I become positively obsessed. Today, I let the timer on my MBEs go on and on as I stressed about what I would take to the 4th of July party I'm going to.* And what I was going to wear. And what I needed to return at Target. And if I transferred funds to my checking account. I almost left Border's then and there to go do take care of these things. I think the mentality is that if I clear this stuff out of my head, then I can sit down and concentrate on studying. The problem is, it never ends. Every minute task looms in my head like a giant elephant in the room and picks at my mind as I ponder over the admissibility of evidence in an MBE question.

I think it's a sophisticated form of procrastination.

And unfortunately, the itching has started up again. I got up about 3 times yesterday, absolutely unable to sleep because the sheets and everything made me feel itchy. So now, I'm washing all my sheets. Again.

Another way to procrastinate.

* Oh, and that 4th of July party? I think I'm going with a really nice cake (I've been assigned dessert) and a fruit platter. I even bought a special platter from Target. It starts in the evening and will be over relatively early because, thankfully, people have work on Thursday. As such, I have the whole day to study. So I refuse to feel guilty...but I still kinda do.

2 comments:

The Grand Poobah said...

I think the procrastination thing is because you feel like you already know enough to pass the exam. That's my problem. I feel like I already know enough, so why should I study more? The elephant in the room is the fact that we know that it's going to be more difficult than we expect.

Blah.

Emily said...

Funny, I just ranted about this on my blog. Glad I'm not the only one.

Good for you, Blawgin', on throwing a party. I just ordered my husband out of the house on July 4th, since all library's will be closed. Poor guy.