Sunday, July 15, 2007

Bring it on, baby.

I came across something today and it makes a lot of sense.

This bar exam?
I'm not going to pass it because people say that I can.
I'm going to pass it because of people who think that I can't.

Yeah. Nothing like a little disparaging underestimation to get the juices flowing. So think about the people who silently take glee (evil bitches!) in your failure, the people who have expressed doubt in your ability to be a lawyer, hell, the people who looked at you funny in the library...

And prove them wrong.

2 comments:

Richard said...

Very true! I always seem to do better when I'm proving someone wrong... i guess we're just defiant! :)

calbar blondie said...

I'm in the same boat. Those folks better not make any disparaging remarks to my face within the next 8 days or else!!!