Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Day One

I need a massage. During the last hour, my head starting pounding and my neck and shoulders were killing me. Short of dry-swallowing my tension headache pills, I had to soldier as I was running out of time on the PT and NEEDED TO FINISH.

Lord. So do we wanna talk about this? I'm just gonna write down what I remember for the sake of my own recollection of this wonderful day. I don't talk about it with people at the bar exam because I don't want to subject anyone to a post-mortem that they don't want to do, so if you're one of those people, don't read on!

Essay 1: Property/Contracts. I wrote about tenancy (said it was periodic), duty to pay rent, breach of contract, duty to repair, quiet enjoyment...er...don't remember...

Essay 2: Torts. Products Liability with a funky Civ Pro twist. Surely we didn't need to talk about Civ Pro except to say that the motion should be granted or denied? Or God. So yeah..design defects, contributory negligence, comparative negligence, strict products liability analysis, negligence analysis, indemnification...

Essay 3: Evidence. Seemed scarily straight forward. Droned on and on about relevance, hearsay, exceptions, said one of the statements was nonhearsay (anyone else?) and I don't know...

PT A: Memo to the judge. It looked okay reading through it, and then when I started, I thought, "This is so broad!" What are the issues? Give me some guidance! But I muddled through and finished and said that the judge should rule against the motion based on my excellent, objective legal analysis. =)

I don't know know how people remember all the details afterwards. As you can see by my ramblings above, I barely remember what happened. And I'm doing my best to forget. I'm glad Day 1 is done. I think it's the hardest day, because like Richard said, anything goes. Day 2 is 6 subjects, Day 3 is narrowed down.

How do I feel? Murky. Everything is kind of murky. I'm gonna need to kick ass the next two days. Is it okay to feel depressed? Do people feel depressed after and still pass? I know they say they do, but I don't think it's true...I think deep down,they feel okay about it. I want to know about the people who, deep down in their bones, feel depressed and they still pass! =)

I'm sitting in the hotel main lounge, with free internet access. Blondie, if you're reading this, don't pay for it in your room! You can access it free in the lobby/bar area. Am debating hitting the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale because I feel like a zombie. Or partaking in a glass of wine. I haven't had wine in so long though, I'm afraid to start because I may not stop...

I hope everyone got through okay. May you all sleep well tonight and wake up bright-eyed and busy tailed for tomorrow!

5 comments:

calbar blondie said...

Hi Blawg,
I should have uploaded down in the hotel lounge. I am trying to get confirmation that my answers were uploaded successfully. EEEEK! Nothing on the email yet.
BTW, I had all the same issues you had but argued the other way on the PT. I'm a public interest law type so I had to argue for the little guys' attorney not to get dq'd!

Anonymous said...

Wait, did we do the same MPT? Or is it a different PT? Because the MPTs I had was a brief about tribal court and then a memo about aerial crop dusting of MU-63 or whatever it was... I feel dead tonight too. I can't believe you have the energy to go shopping! I'm laying here watching HBO. I was going to do some MBE practice questions but I'm too tired right now.

Richard said...

I suddenly wondered if there was some civ pro in that second one, completely missed any contracts stuff in first one though - ahh well!

Richard said...

Oh and I said they should deny the motion too I think... I just rambled for a paragraph about how when it all gets balanced then that is how the result i thought was the case should thus be the case!

Emily said...

Yes. I, too, said one of the statements was non-hearsay, but I can't remember which :)