Thursday, July 12, 2007

I can't even think.

Today I ordered an Iced Soy Vanilla Latte at Borders and got a Hazelnut Latte. At least I think it was Hazelnut. I don't like Hazelnut, so I've rarely tasted it. I didn't return it. I just kinda tried to drink it. Why? Because I always feel bad returning food, because the people behind the counter seemed unfriendly, because I couldn't muster up the energy, and because I wasn't even sure what the thing tasted like. I figured it had caffeine and that should do the trick.

I find myself wanting to sleep 9-10 hours a day. Anyone else sleeping way too much? I do drag myself out of bed and feel okay an hour later, but this is odd. While I was working, I slept less than 8 hours and woke up super early. Of course, I hated it, but I did it and was reasonably ok. And this was only 1 short week ago.

In other news, the itching has stopped. I think all my products/washing have been working! But the dull, throbbing headache persists. Today is Contracts day, maybe that's it. You know, it all seems reasonably straighforward until you try to apply it to an essay. And then it all goes to hell. Do you ever just look at a Contracts essay and all these things run through your mind (like ooh, Anticipatory Repudiation, time is of the essence, impossibility, material breach!) but you have NO IDEA how to format it???

SIGH. Must continue on. Oh, for those who are interested, Sophia Kinsella is out with a new book under a new name -- Madeleine Wickham, I think? I don't really get it. I forget the title, but it's about a gold-digging but loveable gorgeous girl who meets rich men at funerals and develops morals along the way (and of course, finds love). Good for a casual study break!

3 comments:

Emily said...

I can't wake up even after 9 hours of sleep and I keep wanting to nap. So, no, you are not alone.

I think it has to be that this crap bar exam thing has gotten way too old for us and our bodies are declaring mutiny.

DroitFemme said...

Yeah, I am right there with you on the sleeping thing. Frankly, I would sleep 24/7 right now if I could just to get away from all of this boring stuff if I could...

Anonymous said...

Don't tempt me! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Sophia Kinsella! I may buy that book as my reward after the bar, but definitely not before the bar because I won't be able to put that book down until I've read the whole thing.

I've been wanting to nap constantly. I've been sleeping 8 hours a night and I'm still exhausted. Tonight I will finally sleep in!