Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Yesterday was a bust.

Yesterday was pretty much shot because I had to go to a graduation that was in the middle of nowhere. I tried to get some flashcard action going, and listened to PMBR both ways, but...it was a paltry study day.

The problem with being a repeater is that these concepts are not foreign to you anymore. You know the key terminology, and you just need to fine tune your understanding. So it's easy to kind of tune out when you're listening to PMBR or reading because it all looks "familiar."

I'm still trying to get in 17 questions at work. Then I do 2 more sets of 17 during the day. This time, I'm really trying to focus on MBEs. Like others, I've found Strategies and Tactics for the MBE to be very helpful. And so far, I really like Micromash. I like how it tells you what areas you're bad in, gives you the option to review the question later, and gives you your correct answers by subject and as a whole. I find it more difficult to go through the questions in the books because you have to flip back and forth and write. How lazy is that? But this way, I have the MM software on one half of the screen, and my word document for rules on the other. As I go through, I just jot down rules. Saves time.

It's just bar study in an increasingly impatient society.

Every day at work, I just wait for the time to go by. It's very tiring to get up so early, yet I know if I weren't working, I would probably get less studying done. I do feel that at this point, for repeaters, barring any crazy essay format issues or other deep rooted problems, we can put in massive effort and really kick this thing to the curb. I think for many of us, we're within inches of the finish line and it could have gone either way. It's funny, 'cause this time last year, I was a itchy nervous wreck.

No comments: