Monday, June 25, 2007

Picking at my nose

Read it carefully: Picking at my nose, not picking my nose! You know how when you start studying, you sometimes get all caught up in some other, unrelated detail and obsess over it? I have a bad tendency to pick at myself as I study, and I relish picking off pieces of cuticle and dry bits off my face. Gross, I know. It's this innate inability to stop grooming myself or something. And when I'm bored (as I often am when studying) I pick.

So I found these small bumps on my nose, right on the bottom and on the side. Upon closer inspection, I see that they're itty bitty whiteheads. You can't even see them, just feel them. "They must come out!," I decide. So I proceed to squeeze and tweeze my way into my nose. And gouged out two small holes. The next morning, I had two bright red scabs that hurt on my nose that can't even be covered with makeup.

Now, I'm picky about my skin. If there's one thing I firmly believe, it's that no amount of makeup in the world is going to make up for bad skin. I use La Mer at night, and a Japanese day lotion with SPF even when I'm poor, like now. Good skin helps a girl pull off an effortless, bare make-up look that works well when one has no time (like now). And now I've gone and ruined it.

I have to wait for it to heal and go away. And hope that I can stop myself from picking at it in the meantime.

4 comments:

Blonde Blogger said...

I totally heart you. I pluck my eyebrows incessantly while studying in the library, at school or even at home. What the HELL is that all about?!?!?! If I can feel a little stubble, I HAVE to pluck it!!

So, you would recommend La Mer? It smells so good....What do you think of Obagi? Ever tried it?

Isn't this so much better than talking abour Prop 8????

Blawgin' said...

Ha! If only we could apply the anal retentiveness of our beauty routine to our bar routine...

I love La Mer but it's so expensive it makes me cry. My husband used some on his elbow once and I almost left him. I use the moisturizer in a pump because it's less oily and you don't have to rub the lotion to warm it up first. I only use one small pump a night. If you research it, you'll see that it has all these miraculous properties like healing burn wounds and stuff..because it's magical seaweed from the deep seas...or something like that. ;)

I've never tried Obagi! Is it good?

calbar blondie said...

I've heard only great things about La Mer,although I do know it is pricey. One should never skimp on skincare, imo. I use Jan Marini and Agera; all are prescription strength products(think Retin-A,glycolic acid, etc.)
Gosh, I would rock any essay on makeup, skincare,purses..not Prop 8 or any of those %&&*ing civpro rules!

Blonde Blogger said...

All the women in my family LOVE Obagi and swear by it...there are 5 products in their line and one of them is a Retin A. Does NOT do good things to my skin....It is expensive and my reaction has been so/so.....I don't know if it's worth the money....but they have smaller travel kits you can buy that are less than half the price....;-)

I am trying La Mer next!!