Thursday, June 14, 2007

Civ Pro.

I'm finding it quite difficult to get the new CA info into my civ pro outline. I have the outline from the calbar website detailing what we need, but it's very extensive and detailed. There's no way this much detail was EVER tested on the bar exam! And then it gives us this mysterious statement about "emphasis on the areas where there are differences between the Federal Rule and the California Rules, especially those California procedures of pleading and practice that have no specific counterparts in the Federal Rules or that federal trial courts will look to in diversity cases."

Okay. The pleading rules that differ include a lot of nitpicky details like the time you have to answer a complaint or something. And I have to wade through piles of extraneous information in the Barbri long outline and try to extract the info. It's all very time consuming and annoying. Is there another way? What's everyone else doing?

P.S. I've messed up my blog. If you look at my sidebar, the links and stuff are all the way at the bottom. I have no idea what I did. Any computer/blog savvy people have any advice?

God, this is the "HELP ME" post.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You could try choosing a new template scheme from Blogger. Or look at the "layout" option and maybe see if you can move stuff around.

Richard said...

I just did the lectures on civil procedure last night - I hate the fact that July 07 is the first exam to possibly feature CA specific Civil Procedure - means that Barbri has pretty much no clue as to what might/might not get tested! Although i'm wondering whether the fact that this is the first year this stuff is on the bar - surely that might mean it WILL be on the bar? *Shrugs*

calbar blondie said...

I'm having similar travails with the CA Evidence distinctions. The tutor at the workshop Friday night had "no clue" about these and wouldn't touch them with a ten foot pole. That kind of pissed me off. The only reassuring thing about all this is that everyone is similarly situated(gee am I sounding like a Conlaw rule statement!)

calbar blondie said...

Richard, I believe at least one of the three new subject/CA rules will be tested on the essays. You can bet on it. Since evidence was just tested, they may test it again with a Prop 8 twist. Corps was tested twice in a row now, so maybe the likely one to appear is Civpro.