Saturday, June 09, 2007

Thank you, Paris!

For taking up many work hours yesterday morning as I refreshed TMZ over and over again and watched you being led out of your house in freakin' HANDCUFFS and then pulled screaming "It's not right! Mom, Mom!" from the courthouse as your ass was hauled back off to jail.

I hesitate to draw even more attention to this ridiculous trainwreck of a case, but it was good for an incredulous WTF?! yesterday, and I figure that when I look back on this blog, I'll be interested in the riveting current events of the time I was preparing to take the bar for the VERY LAST TIME. =) I'm just going to say these things about this case, and I'm not mentioning it again:

1. I think it's stupid she went to jail. Yes, she broke the law, but most people get house arrest or community service. God knows she could have done more good cleaning the side of the 110 fwy of its graffiti than wasting our money on private cells and 5 personal security guards in our overcrowded prisons.

2. That said, since she did go to jail, just SERVE THE TIME. It's like 3 weeks. I'd gladly trade 3 weeks of jail for 2 months of bar review hell as a repeater. She's by herself, it sucks and I would be totally scared too, so I can only imagine how difficult it must be for someone like her, but come on, what can she do? It would have seriously made her look so much better if she quietly did the time. People already think she shouldn't have gotten such a harsh sentence, so critics and fans alike would at least respect that.

3. She has a mental condition that allowed her earlier release? Are you freakin' kidding me? Um, yeah. I think all the prisoners have overwhelming despair and depression. You're in prison. It sucks. That's ridiculous. It was such a patently obvious case of preferential treatment that it rightfully infuriated everyone and made them hate Paris more. I felt sorry for her the first time she went in, but now, I'm like, just suck it up!

Obviously, my sympathy is at an all time low for people who seem to have it better than me right now. This includes Ms. Jailbird Hilton. How sad is it that I'd rather be in jail than go through this studying? But seriously, don't you think you would do it? Three weeks of jail for a guaranteed pass on the bar exam? I would. I'd use the time in my cell to work on my pilates and work out, emerging as a fit, toned, and tough licensed attorney!

But back in reality, I'm outside on the patio trying to work on MBE questions. On an unrelated note, do you think my employer can track the websites I go to if I delete the history? Just a little paranoid and want to be able to say what I want without having to censor. =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

HA HA HA!!! And my husband thought I was insane last night when I said I would gladly go to a solitary prison cell for 3 weeks in order to get licensed than to study and take the bar again.

I wouldn't have any obligations to anyone, could read whatever books I wanted to, probably lose weight and get toned by doing lots of squats, crunches and push-ups, etc....

I'm sure there are people who have served time who want to smack us right about now. However, they just do not understand the psychological torture that is the California bar exam.

calbar blondie said...

I was just thinking about how much studying I'd get done if someone actually did lock me in a cell for the next month and a half. What a foolproof way to pass! No procrastination, no distractions, just me, the laptop and the books. Throw in room service(by husband), bottled water and a coffeemaker, yoga dvd and other workout dvds and I'd be set!
I think my husband and two boys would totally fall apart. Nah. Won't work. They would actually have to do laundry!

Blonde Blogger said...

I agree....I would head off to the clink in a heartbeat to avoid bar review again. I would even consider being Bubba's b!#*h...or wait, is that a job for men only???

Anonymous said...

Amen, I'd rather be locked up in solitary than take the bar exam again. And like CalBar Blondie I also thought about all the studying I'd totally get done if I was locked up! Just give me my laptop and I'm all set! At the very least I'd be able to get a ton of sleep and lose weight, and emerge from prison like a phoenix from the ashes... :)