Tuesday, February 27, 2007

My, oh my

WTF?? I took one look at question number one and almost threw up. Property. Leaseholds, assignments, covenants, landlord/tenant duties....and a nice little nuisance tort thrown in for kicks. I forgot some stuff in convenants -- namely, notice. And then a completely unexpected Corps questions having nothing to do with what I thought it'd be -- 10b5 securities stuff. But finally, a gift -- murder. I love murder.

As for PT A, I've got to say that I'm generally clueless in PTs. I didn't write about the crimes and frauds exception because I read (over and over again) in the instruction memo to not deal with the obvious issues of professional responsibility. Even though they threw in an entire case devoted to the crimes and fraud exception. I put a little note at the end that I excluded it due to that. I know I'm not supposed to beat myself up over it, and I won't, but I just want to know if anyone else interpreted it this way? To tell the truth, there's no way I could have gotten to it. Without a single break, I barely had enough time to get through it as it was...

I think February is harder. It's not as straightforward. Does it make a difference that it's mostly repeaters when it comes to grading, do you think? Tonight, I'm going to try and do some MBEs, work out, and get some early shut eye.

MBE day, ugh. I'm hanging in there...hope everyone else is doing ok too! It's raining here in Sac, but thankfully, my hotel is mere steps away from the exam. That's something to be grateful for, I guess. =)

3 comments:

Blonde Blogger said...

Girl, I am sure you did totally fine!! I threw up too when I saw the first one....AND THEN HAD A FRICKEN' HEART ATTACK WHEN I SAW THE SECOND ONE.

Then finally, someone ended up dead. Whew!! Good luck tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

So what did you focus on in the PT if you didn't write at all about the crime/fraud exception? I think it was tricky of them to tell us to ignore Professional Responsibility issues.

Anonymous said...

It's me, Blawgin.' Have to sign in like this because comp is by the minute and it won't log me in!

In the PT -- I wrote about the presumption thing briefly, waiver a lot (about how they waived the privilege), umm...how contents can be used for the court to make a determination of waiver...

I thought the Statement of Facts was tricky too, because were we not supposed to go into detail about the actual contents of the message? Because at first I did, and then I went back and erased it. Damn. That was tricky, and you're right, the Pro Resp issue was very tricky! As if we needed that kind of stress!!

And now that I thought about it, I don't think I defined malice in the Murder q. Dear lord. MBEs today were...no idea. Not my strong suit.

Hopefully tomorrow is better. Good luck everyone!