Sunday, February 18, 2007

Happy Chinese New Year!

Today is Civ Pro and Remedies review day. I despise Remedies, and have yet to read over it yet. Husband and I went to my parents' house to eat and I listened to PMBR Con Law on the ipod on the way there and back. Thus far, have covered the following subjects in Civ Pro today:

- Personal Jurisdiction
- Subject Matter Jurisdiction
- Joinder
- Supplemental Jurisdiction
- Erie Doctrine
- Venue
- Summary Judgment
- Miscellaneous minor topics

I have yet to do any MBE questions but will hopefully complete 10 before Desperate Housewives starts at 9:00. I've locked myself in my study until then. At 9:00, I will be munching on teriyaki chicken, rice, and iced green tea in honor of Chinese new year, and watching the show. At 10:00, I will return to read over Remedies for 2 hours and then I'll go to sleep.

Speaking of which, I've been sleeping appx. 9.5 hours a night, which I believe is excessive. However, I'm actually able to sleep at night without tossing and turning and sleep through the night these past days. I know from previous experience that this is a major gift. Sleep is elusive in these stressful days, and I'm now saving a fortune in not having to buy Sonata! I shall use that money to get a mani/pedi before the bar in Sac. Some tips on better sleep, suggested by my doctor and proven to work (on me, at least):

- Work out, but not after 7:00pm
- No caffeine after 8:00 pm
- Sleep at 12:00
- Take about 15 minutes before sleep to get your mind off the bar by reading a magazine while brushing your teeth or something
- Some relaxing yoga poses before sleep
- Keep your sheets and blankets clean and fresh! Maybe it's just me, but I start feeling itchy and paranoid about bugs or something...yeah, probably just me
- Wear something clean to bed (same theory as the sheets above)

Back to Civ Pro.

No comments: