Monday, February 19, 2007

Where the heck to do you get an analog clock??

I went to Radio Shack on my way home from Pilates:

Me: Hi, do you guys have any small analog clocks?
Sales guy: What?
Me: An analog clock.
SG: You mean, like with the hands?
Me: Um, yeah.
SG: I don't think I've seen one of those in years. Why don't you upgrade to a digital one? Everyone has those now. (Points to some digital clocks)
Me: Yes, I have one of those too. I just need an analog one for an exam I'm taking.
SG: (Incredulous) They only let you use analog clocks? They don't even sell those anymore!!
Me: (Sighing) I know. I just thought I'd try.

I guess I could use a watch, but it has a small face, no numbers, and it's hard to distinguish whether it's 9:22 or 9:25. I don't really want to sit in the exam and stress myself out over that. Among the list of stupid requirements for the bar exam, this has got to be one of the most annoying. That and the clear bag situation. I want to buy an actual clear bag instead of a zip lock so I don't have to worry about my crap falling out, but it has a little bit of writing on it and I'm scared they won't allow it. Again, trying to minimize any possible distractions.

Ugh. As for progress, I'm on Corps and Professional Responsibility today. Got through Corps (although really, what are the chances it's gonna be on there again? And if so, it'll be Rule 10b5 stuff, don't you think?) and about to work on PR. Am also planning on watching Nora Roberts' Carolina Moon on Lifetime tonight at 9:00.

That's right, I'm watching Lifetime.

1 comment:

Blonde Blogger said...

Hi there! I would try Longs or Walgreens or something like that for a clock. They usually have small travel clocks that fold up that are analog. I don't understand the whole anti-digital thing. You can't even wear a digital watch! I have a watch with pretty large numbers that I am going to wear. In July, there were a lot of girls that had clear purses, some with writing and they were just fine. I had a large Ziploc, but it was one of the thick freezer ones, so it was ok. How ridiculous is it that we have to shop for bar stuff at Safeway and Longs??

I am praying that Corps won't show up too. Do you have all the mnemonics for Remedies that they give you in Barbri? They work pretty well....leave me a note and I can send them to you!

Today is Con Law today for me! Off to the gym then the library!