Monday, January 22, 2007

Went to the State Bar of California...

To pick up my exam from them. Looking at theose brightly colored, individual folders full of my sweat and tears of last summer, I admit I felt a tug of sorrow -- and nausea. This, I thought, was not good enough. Gave me some motivation to go home with the intent to study. Watched some Girls Next Door instead. (They always do such fun things!!) And am working on a Con Law outline. I also ran into another sad examinee. We engaged in some idle chatter, and she told me that she just came from a hypnotherapist to help her pass the bar. WOW. I guess when they say do whatever it takes to pass, they really mean everything. And I thought my retail therapy was bad.

I also had an early morning session with my tutor. I feel like I get slammed every time we speak, which is twice a week. I turn in about 8 essays for her. Granted, I'm usually kinda not focusing when I write them, but geez. It seems that I don't break in down into headings enough and I also don't analyze enough. I'm conclusory. Apparently, breaking it down into headings is key to getting the readers to not miss your brilliant analysis.

I also had cheap Trader Joe red last night and managed to get kind of drunk, all by myself. Go, me!

1 comment:

Blonde Blogger said...

OMG, isn't that the worst trip you have ever made? And the little old lady that was handing out exams (I was there on the first day they were available so they had a little table set up in the lobby) was so sympathetic and she looked so sad for me. I had taken Bart and I cried on Bart the whole way home. I felt like such a LOSER!!!

And I feel your pain; apparently my headings suck...either that or I use to many....it is 10:15 am....too early to drink??