Thursday, January 11, 2007

There's Nothing to Eat at Borders

After a brief foray into an odd, seemingly eclectic (but actually dirty) cafe for studying yesterday, I went back to the old standby -- Borders. Surrounded by other similarly situated miserable bar exam studiers, I felt far more comfortable with my stack of magazines - I mean, bar books -- stacked up beside me. The only problem is that there's nothing to eat at Border's. Only super sweet fattening cakes and equally sugar filled coffee drinks. With all the abundance of sugar, you'd think they'd sell some soda. But no. So I end up eating something completely unhealthy and overprocessed, or I have to sneak food in. Either way, it kinda sucks.

The studying today:
- Working on Evidence outline. I went to Staples and got a bunch of colorful supplies to organize myself and procrastinate. Now, I have a neatly printed table of contents and colorful dividers in a brightly decorated folder for all the outlines I plan to do. I figure if it's cheerful to look at, I won't feel like throwing up all over it.
- Met with tutor, got my Evidence essay ripped to shreds. Clearly must kick up the outlining so I know the rules. Why, oh why, can I NOT understand hearsay?
- Went to Macy's next door and bought a C&C hoodie -- on sale! I need cute, comfortable clothes to study in, right?
- Went home for must-see tv -- my fave shows are all on tonight! Ugly Betty, Grey's Anatomy, and The OC.

Now, I must work on the outline more. And then go to sleep fairly early so I can wake up at a decent hour instead of at 10:30.

No comments: