Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Pure, Unadulterated Glee!

Coming my way on February 26, 2008. What, you guys aren't waiting with breathless anticipation for this glorious day to arrive? It's the day that Sophie Kinsella comes out with her new book, "Remember Me?" (and that other pesky, life-ruining thing I refuse to discuss right now)

I absolutely love her books, especially the Shopaholic series. They're filming it into a movie, called The Secret World of Shopaholics or something lame like that. It's also being shot in NYC, which is also kinda lame. But Isla Fisher is playing Becky Bloomwood! You know, the hilarious girl from Wedding Crashers -- "Cause I'd fiiind you!" aka The-One-Who-Married-Borat. And they're also making "Can You Keep a Secret?" into a movie, starring none other than Kate Hudson!

Much to look forward to this year.

This one is about a girl who has a loser BF, a going nowhere job (we can all relate), messed up teeth and bad hair. She gets amnesia in some entirely believable way and wakes up 3 years later remembering nothing. But, in a marvelous and quirky twist of fate, she wakes up to The Perfect Life. She has shiny, long tresses, a fab job, a rich, drop-dead gorgeous hubbie, great teeth, and the latest LV bag. I fully expect it meander along in this upbeat, charming way with obstacles, finding yourself, deep realizations about how the so-called perfect life can be...not so perfect...and ultimately, a happy ending. Who amongst us, choosing this career in law, has not come to the jarring realization that this is NOT the life we imagined, or thought we wanted? Right?

So, I'm ordering this book on Amazon, so that it arrives on my doorstep on the aforementioned date and I will have something to drown my depression in as soon as I return home on February 28. I think I'll write my own chick lit one day. And it's going to start, "The name above appears on the pass list for the California Bar Exam..."

2 comments:

Blonde Blogger said...

I love these books too!! We do have a lot to look forward to regardless of what the bar examiners have to say!!

Good luck to you this week...I will be thinking of you!

Emily said...

Good luck, blawgin'!