Sunday, February 10, 2008

Lipstick Jungle vs. Cashmere Mafia. Obama vs. Hillary.

So many things to ponder other than the bar. And yet, I am here in a time warp. It's like this whole last year has been a shrine to the myriad of ways I can ruin my life. Sense of self, money, career, love life...all down the drain. Even my hair. I cut it a while back and it looks like a mullet. That's really just the last damn straw.

It's perspective. If I think about it that way, I would get majorly depressed. On the other hand, I can be positive and think about the things that make me happy.

1. Family & Friends. Still got 'em.
2. LV Speedy bag. It's fabulous.
3. Overpriced gym membership. Keeps me in yoga and working out.
3. The return of sunshine here in LA.
4. The $300 in rent I saved this month due to my excellently drafted letter to my landlord regarding constructive eviction.
5. Freedom. In knowing that my life can be anything I want it to be and knowing that despite the trials, I have immense strength.

1 comment:

Blonde Blogger said...

Ok, I am SURE you do not have a mullet. But I understand the hair drama. I still can't decide if I am too old to be sporting the bangs I cut last month.....plus, my forehead is about a 1/4 inch high, so I kind of look like Cousin It, but that is a whole 'nother story.....

Hang in there, we can do this....I am so glad you started posting again.....and don't you think that Lipstick Jungle is better? They just seem more real...is it sick that I liked the fact that Victory's fashion show FAILED?!!?!? Am I evil now? Do I want EVERYOINE to fail!?!?!