Thursday, May 31, 2007

The Plan

Micromash: I've heard great things about it, and though I loathe the thought of shelling out $800+ for the MBE review, I loathe the thought of failing even more.

BarBri long CA outline for the new subjects. *I know where you can get a photocopy of the new subjects for $100 if anyone's interested! =)

Compilation of the past essays and answers into a ginormous binder. Plan to go through and list the topics tested. I will then break down these topics into concise rule statements for each and that will be my "cheat sheet." I will, of course, also actually do these essays!

Outlines/Flashcards. Fortunately (unfortunately?) I already have these. I need to make new ones for the new subjects using the information listed above.

PMBR lectures on iPod. I hate these. I always think I'll listen to them in the car, but then I find myself switching to Pussycat Dolls instead.

I think I have it in me to do it one last time. I had prepped myself for this, knowing that Feb was not a good month for me (or Jan for that matter) so it was no where near the devastation of last time. But sometimes, I find myself incredulous that one year later, I'm still taking this exam. It's a tough pill to swallow. However, I look at it like an extra year of school. It's like med school, which is also 4 years! And at least I get to work and make some money during it, right? So it's better than 3rd year...kinda.

I plan on working about 20 hours a week, because: (1) I need the money (2) I think it'll be good to get out (3) I tend to whittle away hours doing absolutely nothing productive anyway, and maybe I'll study more if I know that this is the only time I have to do it! I'll take the last couple weeks completely off though.

I've registered with CA Bar, Micromash, and looking into hotel reservations. Any recommendations in San Diego within the SD Concourse center?

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Put the blinders on and full steam ahead. We can do this shit!!

Threepeaters Rule.

calbar blondie said...

Hi, where can one get the Barbri photocopy with the new subjects for $100? You aren't kidding are you? I could not bring myself to pay $500 for the new Conviser or mini-Conviser, whatever it is.
Thanks.

calbar blondie said...

Blawgin, I'm taking it in San Diego(again). I am staying at the Westin Horton Plaza. They have the "low" bar rate of $209/night. Not bad for downtown SD in the high season, actually.

Blawgin' said...

Calbar Repeater,
Thanks for letting me know about the hotel! Is it within walking distance? Also, my friend is doing the whole copy thing, and it's the real deal. Let me know if you want one, he can email or mail it to you if you pay via paypal.

How do I get a hold of you anyway? I click on your name, and it just goes to a profile page...no blog?

calbar blondie said...

Blawgin,
Yes, the Westin is within walking distance of the Concourse. I stayed at the Westgate last time, but it is not a negotiated rate hotel for this July, plus it's way expensive due to the summer tourism season. That is the very closest hotel, and they have a great pasta buffet lunch on Wednesday for the mbe energy needs!
How can I give you my email address without publishing it to the world here?
I have Paypal, fyi.
Are you the blogger who was talking about Essay Advantage? Did you decide to do it?
And no, I don't have a blog, just read 'em and participate where it's appropriate. It's more encouraging than talking to my classmates who already passed or the ones who failed who have bad attitudes(or worse, are putting off the repeat take).

Anonymous said...

Hi, where can I get a copy of the outlines for California's new subjects?

Thanks!
tij@georgetown.edu