Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Nerves of Steel

It's been forever since I've written! But fear not -- I have diligently been reading everyone else's blogs! Since my last post, I've moved and started a new job, and have had no private access to internet. Although I know it's unlikely, I'm afraid that somehow, they'll track me down at work so I'm afraid to log on!

But now, I have internet at my own place. It's great. I've been working for about a month now doing general counsel work for small to mid sized companies. No billable hours, no firm, and a variety of different work ranging from real estate, trusts, business, and doing all my own administrative work! I'm even answering phones. It's a medley of stuff, but the pay is good and my hours are super chill...loving that! Will be especially useful should I have something major taking up my time in the next couple of months. God forbid.

I'm actually okay. I'm prepared for the worst case scenario, and these past months have taught me that there are more important things in life and at the end of my life, this is just one test. A test that I can take until I pass it. A test that is absolutely passable. I came so close last time that I am certain that I'm perfectly capable of passing this thing; if not this time, then the next. Yes, it's embarassing and expensive and humbling, but I can keep my job and study at the same time. I have a plan, and I'm in control of my life should this test decide to re-emerge in my life.

In the meantime, I'm enjoying my slew of television shows:

- Grey's Anatomy. Don't even get me started on the absymal season finale.
- Ugly Betty. Always fun, always uplifting!
- Desperate Housewives. Still waiting to see the finale!
- Dancing With the Stars. Please, Apolo, win!
- America Idol. Team Jordin...
- Next PCD. UGH. Asia?! That girl is soooo ghetto. I was all for Chelsea or Melissa... SUCH a disappointment. It also felt like a slutty high school talent show kinda...but I still watched it.

Just in case you think I watch this much tv, I actually only watch the top three and skim the rest. The rest of my time has been spent furniture shopping. I've developed a taste for DWR, Noguchi tables, and Pablo lighting. Not good for the credit cards!

Things I'm looking forward to:
- Harry Potter Book 7 on July 21. I've pre-ordered from Amazon and can't wait!
- Pirates 3. Will probably end up watching some copy from China.
- Weddings galore. Time to shop for dresses!
- Wearing my Chanel sunglasses that I got for 50% off that I've lusted after forever.
- Getting a tan at my new pool.
- Dancing and working out so that I can be the next PCD!

Life is good.

1 comment:

Blonde Blogger said...

I am so glad you are back! I wondered what you thought of the Grey's finale...what a MESS!!! I was so irritated...and I can't believe you watched PCD's!!!! I posted on my blog about the Las Vegas Dolls...Chelsea and Melissa R. are on their way to Vegas!!

You must be my long lost twin!!