Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Hmmm...What to do?

My body still can't really calm down, though I am sleeping better now! I've gotten all caught up in organizing my life. I think it's some kind of subconscious desire to feel in control of my life or something. I have extensive lists full of plans, and it makes me happy to schedule things. Today, I spent 3 hours cleaning. Then I went to the cleaners and dropped off about a month of dry cleaning for my husband and me. I went to the gym. I went to the grocery store and bought food (we had none). I watched Real Housewives and Desperate Housewives. And I sent out resumes.

I worked at a firm before this, but I am seriously tired of the law. I'm tired of always working my ass off in this field. I feel like I'm tired after years of double majors and summer school and tests and simultaneous jobs. So, I've decided to take this time to make a drastic change.

I am looking for non-legal jobs.

Yes, this is tough. It makes me think that I would "waste" all these years of work if I don't pursue law. It makes me scared that it'll sabotage my potential to get a job as a lawyer later. I have also realized how completely unqualified I am for anything OTHER than law, now that I've devoted so many years to it. Unfortunately, all of these years have also instilled in me a certain pay expectation that is difficult to meet when you are unqualified for a job. It's a dilemma, to be sure. I've sent out 4 resumes, and so we'll see what happens.

Tomorrow, I'm considering going to the spa. And then this weekend, I have to go back to Sacramento (the site of the horrible exam!) for a wedding! Can you believe it? I'm still slowly getting back into the swing of things, trying to figure things out.

No comments: